Private Voice Lessons
With my vocal course, I teach:
- Proper Posture
- Breath Support (Diaphragmatic Breathing)
- Projection (Resonance)
- Open-throated Singing (Full Voice)
- Enunciation (Clarity, Diction)
- Imagery (Visualization)
- Interpretation (Expression)
- Vocal Exercises to strengthen the vocal function and develop the student's musicianship and confidence.
Singing Styles for Young, Teen & Adult Voices:
- Classical Singing
- Musical Theatre
- Professional Coaching
- RCM Preparations
- Audition Preparations
- Kiwanis Music Festival
NOTE: Private Lessons will be given in my home studio (Please click here for location and contact information).
Voice Lessons may be recorded as a practice tool for the students to monitor their progress.
Students are encouraged to participate in recitals as well as in various stage musical productions, community events, music festivals and competitions for further development and to build confidence.
Private Piano Lessons
Private Voice Lessons: $55.00/hour
Private Piano Lessons: $55.00/hour, $30.00/half hour
- Lessons must be paid in advance, to ensure booking. Teacher may arrange make-up lessons for holidays or special events. Student must inform the teacher of his/her unavailability within a reasonable amount of time (preferably a month ahead - generally, people know their schedule in advance if it's a school event or earlier if it's a family affair, i.e., weddings, etc).
- Lessons are given at 9 Grandview Drive, Dartmouth, NS.
- Extra fees will apply for house calls and subject to individual situations. Teacher may or may not be able to accommodate.
Standard Studio Policy:
2. One month's notice must be given prior to termination of lessons. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of fees.
3. No allowance will be made for lessons missed by students (except by special arrangement in cases of prolonged serious illness)
4. In the event of a student's "no show", the lesson will be considered as taken and will not be made up.
5. In the event of a teacher's absence, adjustment will be made.
6. Time lost because of the student's lateness cannot be made up.
7. Students are expected to practice and come to the lessons prepared.